Saturday, July 27, 2013

Arrival in South Africa!! ...and Paris.......

One of us is here!!  That would be me, Chris.  I arrived in Johannesburg this morning, and Sean and Melanie were supposed to meet me here late this afternoon.  We had planned to be together by now, in the airport hotel in Johannesburg, eating dinner and sipping a cold beer together in the hotel restaurant, turning in early to get an early start on our day tomorrow.  Instead, their flight out of Cincinnati was delayed and they had to take a flight to Paris with a 15 hour layover.

Kind of dramatic to look at it like this, eh?

What I wouldn't give to be with them and get a surprise day in Paris!!!  Granted, their luggage is possibly lost and they haven't bathed, slept, or changed clothes in over 24 hours, but still.... PARIS!!!  What a fun surprise to start off the trip!


Oh....  Oh, dear.....

Oh, my God, no.......

Please tell me this is their rock bottom point...

BOOM.
And that is Sean and Melanie's status for now.



Aaaannnyyway, let's just move right along to me...

I got in to Johannesburg this morning and, after spending some time in the airport buying an African cell phone and power adaptors, have spent the rest of my day here at the hotel, showering, napping, reading, watching African soap operas (FASCINATING), and snacking at the hotel restaurant.
It's in the 50s/60s here, so too cool to swim but a pretty area to sit and chill.

A local favorite in the hotel pub - Castle Lager

The bar at the hotel.  Modern design and cool - it's supposed to look like an airport hangar.

General view of the hotel restaurant.

My dinner!


So, I definitely had low key day, for sure, but a nice one.  Possibly even better than a day in Paris. :)

Stay tuned for tomorrow when we [hopefully] meet up [with luggage] and drive out to the Ukutula Lion Park & Lodge for some lion watching!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment